Welcome to the 2021 – 2022 Winter Season! We have taken all of the lessons from a challenging last year (the good and the bad) and WVBBTS is committed to holding safe, efficient, and fun competitions this year. WVBBTS has a rich history of hosting competitions and this year will be no different.
When we enroll our children in WVBBTS or Waterville Valley Academy, we make a commitment to support our athletes by donating our time towards competition events hosted by WVBBTS/SEF. The intent of this program is to ensure all members contribute fairly to the support of our athletes by helping WVBBTS host events that create opportunities for our athletes to compete at their home mountain. By fairly distributing the effort needed to host an event, we can avoid having just a few volunteers taking on the majority of the effort, and our athletes receive a better more effectively run event.
In a continuing effort to make things simpler and more efficient, we will be using Sports Engine Dibs to sign-up for Volunteer Credits this year. There is no need to have a separate account for volunteering, you can simply use the Sports Engine account you created when signing up your child for the program.
Speaking of which, how many credits does my family need to complete? It is based on your OLDEST child’s program or the higher credit amount. We have made some major changes to the program for 21-22! We have reduced the credit obligation for most families.
- WVA Students & Mitey Mites, 2 Credits
- Post Graduate Program, 1 Credit
- All other Families (U10 and older, Groms and older), 4 credits
Credits can still be bought out a pre-season rate of $500 per credit. At the end of the winter season any unfulfilled credits will be invoiced at $750 per credit
All volunteer sign-up positions can be found at this link https://wvbbts.sportngin.com/dib_sessions.
Positions can be filtered by date or category to make finding positions easier. Here is a little helpful article on how to “claim” your dibs https://help.sportsengine.com/en/articles/309
SE DIBS FAST FACTS
- We recommend signing up for ALL your credits under a single SE account (only have 1 parent do the signing-up). The fulfiller can easily be assigned when claiming dibs.
- Always use the SAME athlete’s name when claiming dibs. For example, always use your oldest kid (or your favorite kid).
- The easiest way to get into dibs is by using the Sports Engine account you used to sign-up your child for BBTS
- Once the credits are completed WVBBTS staff will mark them complete, and you can check your progress on your SE dashboard
WVBBTS ASP FAST FACTS
I have more than one athlete in more than one program. What is my credit obligation?
- Families need to fulfill credits associated with the athlete in the highest credit obligation category.
- For example, if you have an athlete in the Mites (2 credits) and an athlete in the Alpine U14 Weekend program (4 Credits), you will have a 4 credit Obligation.
What are the rules governing how many positions I may sign up for?
- Each FAMILY may sign up for a maximum of 2 positions per day.
- Each FAMILY MEMBER may sign up for only 1 credit per day.
For which positions may I sign-up?
- All positions for Alpine, Freestyle, Freeski, and Snowboard will be open to all members.
- In order to fulfill your credit obligations, you may have to work on different types of events.
- Some positions are restricted to expert skiers or those with special Certifications.
- Other positions are restricted to Competition officials (Alpine AO certification or FS Competition official)
- According to US Ski & Snowboard Rules in 2021, all volunteers in indoor settings must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Read more about that policy here
Can I cancel a position if my pans change?
- You have until 7 days before an event to withdraw from Volunteering
- Within 7 days you are responsible for finding a replacement.
- If you are unable to find a replacement, please contact admin as soon as possible if this situation arises.
- Please be clear with communication
Can I arrange to have someone else earn my credit for me?
- Yes, you can! Just indicate the person you would like to volunteer as the fulfiller
- If you choose to hire someone to fill your position, you are responsible for making all arrangements and payments.
- You must also pass along all communications about the event to this person.
- If on the day of the event someone else shows up in your place, make sure to indicate that with the volunteer check in staff.
What if I don’t meet my support credit obligation by the end of the season?
- Any member whose requirement is not met by the end of the season (and who has not paid the “Opt-Out” fee in advance), will be charged $750 per unfulfilled ASP credit.
- The last day to “Opt-Out” is Jan 1, 2022
- This payment will be due 30 days from the date of invoice.
- If this amount is not received prior to the start of the next season, then the member will not be allowed to join the Club or WVA until payment is received.