Dryland Camp Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Located only 2 hours north of Boston, Waterville Valley is in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. Our small, safe community is surrounded by the National Forest and is an ideal setting for recreation and learning. Led by Tom Barbeau, our dryland camp offers snowsports athletes ages 10+, 5 days of unparalleled training and fun.
Tom Barbeau, WVBBTS Dryland Camp Director
- Current WVBBTS Director of Human Performance and Head U16 Alpine Coach
- MS Exercise Physiology, McGill University
- Master Certified Conditioning and Training Specialist in the Burdenko Method
- 30+ Years Coaching Experience
- Former Conditioning & Technical Men’s Coach, Canadian National Ski Team
- Level III Canadian Ski Coaches Alliance
What’s included in the BBTS Dryland Camp?
Overnight camp: 5 nights of lodging, 5 days of camp, and 3 meals per day (ending with lunch on Friday)
Day camp: 5 days of camp, lunch each day
What should I bring to the BBTS Dryland Camp?
Our dryland camp includes physical training and conditioning as well as other fun activities including hiking, mountain biking, swimming, rollerblading, ice skating, and team competitions.
Below is a recommended list of what to bring. Items marked with a * are required.
- Mountain Bike* (Rentals available at the Bike Shop in Town Square 603-236-6666)
- Harb Carvers or Rollerblades *
- Helmet *
- Protective gear for Harb Carving or Rollerblading (wrist guards, elbow and knee pads, gloves) *
- Ice Skates (if you have your own, bring them, otherwise can rent at Ice Arena 603-236-4813)
- Running shoes or cross-trainers (2 pairs)
- Sweat Pants (good for carving or rollerblading) (2 pairs)
- Athletic wear – gym shorts, t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, socks, undergarments (ladies – athletic tops / sports bras)
- Change of clothes for each day
- Socks (pack extra pair of socks for each day)
- Jacket and sweater
- Knit gloves and knit hat, long sleeve shirt/pants for Ice Arena (rink is cold!)
- Rain gear
- Bathing suit and towel
- Small back pack or tote bag
- Non-toxic bug repellent
- Personal toiletries, personal needs
- Large water bottle (with your name on it)
- Healthy snacks
- For overnight campers, our campers are housed in the Waterville Valley Academy Dorm and will need to bring the following for their stay with us:
- Twin Sheet set, Pillow with pillowcase, Blanket or sleeping bag, Desk Lamp*
- Wash clothes, towels, shower caddy, personal toiletries as needed
- Small fan or window fan, small clothes line with clothes pins to hang clothes on in room after working out or getting wet
What day and time do I arrive and depart camp?
Our dryland camp runs for 5 days, Monday – Friday. Camp check-in for overnight campers is on the Sunday evening prior to the first day of camp, between 6 & 7pm at the Waterville Valley Academy Dorm, 77 Boulder Path Road, Waterville Valley, NH (the white building across the street from Waterville Valley Academy. (Please note: no dinner served that evening). Camp departure/pick-up is at Noon on Friday from the Waterville Valley Academy Dorm.
For day campers, check-in on Monday the first day of camp at 8:30am at the Waterville Valley Academy Dorm, 77 Boulder Path Road, Waterville Valley, NH (the white building across the street from the Waterville Valley Academy)
What is your Camp Cancellation Policy?
All of our camps are non-refundable.
If you have additional questions, please contact Tom Barbeau at email@example.com