Welcome to 2020 – 2021 Winter Season, a season that is sure to be like no other. While there will be many changes to what competitions like both here at Waterville and other mountains, WVBBTS is committed to holding safe, efficient, and fun competitions. WVBBTS has a rich history of hosting competitions and this year will be no different.
When we enroll our children in WVBBTS or Waterville Valley Academy, we make a commitment to support our athletes by donating our time towards competition events hosted by WVBBTS/SEF. The intent of this program is to ensure all members contribute fairly to the support of our athletes by helping WVBBTS host events that create opportunities for our athletes to compete at their home mountain. By fairly distributing the effort needed to host an event, we can avoid having just a few volunteers taking on the majority of the effort, and our athletes receive a better more effectively run event.
We recognize that there may be challenges to fulfilling credits for families this year because of COVID-19. On our end we will work to make sure that all of our events are safe for volunteers, staff, and athletes. We will be following all of the competition’s guidelines set out by US Ski & Snowboard. If at some point in the season your family’s situation changes and you are unable to fulfill your ASP credits please come and talk to us! We are willing to work with families to find alternatives to on-snow opportunities and are much more likely to forgive credits if we are aware of the situation beforehand.
In a continuing effort to make things simpler and more efficient, we will be using Sports Engine Dibs to sign-up for Volunteer Credits this year. There is no need to have a separate account for volunteering, you can simply use the Sports Engine account you created when signing-up your child for the program. Before you can sign-up we ask that you please complete the Volunteer Application found HERE. Everyone who intends to volunteer should fill out the application. This application will collect your qualifications as well as indicate how many credits that your family will need to complete this season.
Speaking of which, how many credits does my family need to complete? It is based on your OLDEST child’s program or the higher credit amount.
- BBTS Alpine U10-U19 Programs, 6 Credits
- BBTS Freeski/Freestyle “A” & Devo Programs, 6 Credits
- BBTS Snowboard Program, 5 Credits
- High School Alpine Part Time Program, 4 Credits
- WVA Students, Mitey Mites, & Groms programs, 2 Credits
- Post Graduate Program, 1 Credit
Once the volunteer application is completed you will be able to see what volunteer opportunities are available by going to this site. https://wvbbts.sportngin.com/dib_sessions
Positions can be filtered by date or category to make finding positions easier. Here is a little help article on how to “claim” your dibs https://help.sportsengine.com/en/articles/309
SE DIBS FAST FACTS
- We recommend signing up for ALL your credits under a single SE account. The fulfiller can easily be assigned when claiming dibs.
- Always use the SAME athlete name when claiming dibs. For example, always use your oldest kid (or your favorite kid).
- The easiest way to get into dibs is by using the account you used to sign-up your child for BBTS
- Once the credits are completed WVBBTS staff will mark them complete and you can check your progress on your SE dashboard
WVBBTS ASP FAST FACTS
I have more than one athlete in more than one program. What is my credit obligation?
- Families need to fulfill credits associated with the athlete in the highest credit obligation category.
- For example, if you have an athlete in the FS Groms program (2 credits) and an athlete in the Alpine U14 Weekend program (6 Credits), you would have a 6 credit Obligation.
What are the rules governing how many positions I may sign up for?
- Each FAMILY may sign up for a maximum of 2 positions per day.
- Each FAMILY MEMBER may sign up for only 1 credit per day.
For which positions may I sign-up?
- All positions for Alpine, Freestyle, Freeski, and Snowboard will be open to all members.
- In order to fulfill your credit obligations, you may have to work on different types of events.
- Some positions are restricted to expert skiers or those with special Certifications.
- Other positions are restricted to Competition officials (Alpine AO certification or FS Competition official)
Can I cancel a position if my pans change?
- You have until 7 days before an event to withdraw from Volunteering
- Within 7 days you are responsible for finding a replacement.
- If you are unable to find a replacement, please contact admin as soon as possible if this situation arises.
- We understand that everyone will have uncertain schedules this winter, so the key will be clear communications
Can I arrange to have someone else earn my credit for me?
- Yes, you can! Just indicate the person you would like to volunteer as the fulfiller
- If you choose to hire someone to fill your position, you are responsible for making all arrangements and payments.
- You must also pass along all communications about the event to this person.
- If on the day of the event someone else shows up in your place, make sure to indicate that with the volunteer check in staff.
What if I don’t meet my support credit obligation by the end of the season?
- Any member whose requirement is not met by the end of the season (and who has not paid the “Opt Out” fee in advance), will be charged $400 per unfulfilled ASP credit.
- This payment will be due 30 days from the date of invoice.
- If this amount is not received prior to the start of the next season, then the member will not be allowed to join the Club or WVA until payment is received.